move forward, live fully, breathe deeply....

there are so many areas in our lives in which we can get stuck...drowning in things, worry, anxiety. Here is my journey to live simply, with the fantastic freedom of 'less is more' as my mantra.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weathering the Summer...

This summer started out so pleasant! The area in Oklahoma I live in looked unusually green on the hilly ranges where the Army's Field Artillery practice their skills...In my memory I usually think of those ranges as yellowed, brown areas with a blip of green here or there...So this summer, when all around me was a verdant vista..I was growing beautiful plants and flowers in my potted gardens..it was a lovely gift to behold.


Then came July...and record heat waves of 100F+ for weeks on end!!  The pavement was steaming all the leaves in my potted plants...so even watering did not save their leaves and blooms from damage...

I have been holding on to the hope that if I can just keep the roots alive, by the end of August (a few short weeks away!!!) perhaps the plants can give it another try...resume their loveliness...

It reminds me of my path lately....I have been struggling with physical issues that limit my mobility and interfere with a decent night's sleep.  It can drain my motivation and eagerness to grow and participate in daily life...Though it saps my strength and resolve...I am holding on.  Waiting for a reprieve in the intensity of the present wave....until rest, and proper nurturing can help me move in the right direction.

Until the heat wave ends...I will continue to nurture my plants as best as I can.  Hoping that they can survive this little 'yuck' in time...and as I do for them, I will choose to nurture my body too.  I sometimes find it easier to take care of others while ignoring my own needs...so lately, I have been making the choice to pay attention and take care of this body I have been given...so I can bloom again.   Until then...

                                                  Take the time to take care of yourself.  
                                                                      You matter.
                                                                           XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment