move forward, live fully, breathe deeply....

there are so many areas in our lives in which we can get stuck...drowning in things, worry, anxiety. Here is my journey to live simply, with the fantastic freedom of 'less is more' as my mantra.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Courage, little bird...


      Sitting, squirming, looking around
I see twigs and walls,
  feathers and tufts of whatnot
         enclosing me -- hiding all that 
I am.




Growing daily into my feathered self
Trying to climb out of the constraints
That hold me in old patterns
I cannot unfold my wings fully...

 
   Wiggling about ...oh! I have feet!!
Still unable to pull myself to the rim..the edge.
To join the world without
Yearning to breathe...to fly...


 Finally!  Freedom is almost mine!
Sitting, squirming, looking around.
How do I get to that distant goal?


Leap? Fall? Fly? Fail? Soar?


Twigs and walls, feathers and tufts abound
Enclosure pulling me back
Into patterns and nests surrounded by fear...
Or do I leap into the unknown?

Fly...
 Soar......
Hope...


No comments:

Post a Comment