move forward, live fully, breathe deeply....

there are so many areas in our lives in which we can get stuck...drowning in things, worry, anxiety. Here is my journey to live simply, with the fantastic freedom of 'less is more' as my mantra.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Little Gifts...



 There are so many butterflies, and moths, and general flying insects outside that every time I open the front door there is a greeting of whirlwind fluttering wings...It can be overwhelming! I don't want the moths inside--hiding in the drapes or frantically beating their wings against a light bulb turned on. Somehow, I get as many as possible shoo-ed outside...and the sunlight reveals to me little gifts if I slow down enough to notice them.
a half-dead bush, but the prettiest butterfly finds what it needs..
 
All about my yard there are dead trees....leftovers from ice storms and droughts in the past 5 years.  I used to joke about them, talking about my "Camp-Dead-Tree-on-the-Fort"...thought that I would make a yearly party celebrating spring or summer around them...(I am one for great ideas, not always making them come to fruition!) somehow, I let life get in the way...really, I let myself get in the way...
overgrown, dead tree...not so pretty to look at!
 I forgot to look for all of the little gifts which surround me and pop up every day.
 Whether or not I feel well.  
Whether or not I am fighting depression.  
Whether or not I am thankful.  
Always there.  
 All I have to do is claim the gift.  
Honor it and the One who sent it, created it, 
                                       (to show that every little detail in my life matters!!)... 


Among the grey, unencumbered branches and limbs...a dead tree shows me I am loved. That all I have to do is open my eyes...accept the gift(s)!!....then turn around and give the little reminder to whoever needs it...and we ALL need it, don't we?

The joy I feel when I find a heart...formed from rock, wood, unexpected piece of cast-off detritus...makes me so thankful.  Therein lies the crux...being thankful!! If I reside in gratitude and joy, there will be no room for low-ness..or focus on pain..  

Sharing my gifts, whether it's pointing out God-given reminders of love, or encouragement through words, poetry, art, laughter, or hugs is my path.  
To wholeness. 
To joy.  
To peace.  
Those are my sincerest wishes for you too!
xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful! I love the name and banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I'm still new to blogging, but am trying to put my 'personality' into it! xoxo!

      Delete